Sunday, October 9, 2011

Gone So Soon-The Weekend that is

Vegan MoFo Day 8 & 9

I decided to combine Saturday and Sunday into one post. One good thing about this Vegan MoFo challenge (besides the tasty food) is that it is getting me to post regularly. I do not think I have posted this much in one month ever.

Anyway on to the weekend after leaving off with Friday night dinner at True Thai. By the time Friday night gets here I am pretty much only interested in watching TV and then going to bed rather early. Friday nights are also the time where I get the most sleep. Last week I slept til 11 am on Saturday and this week it was 10am.

The highlights of my weekend (besides the above mentioned sleeping in) were: talking with two of my friends and planning a future get together, going to Whole Foods, making a new hummus recipe (still trying to get the consistency just right), eating leftovers, walking in the park, going to Actors' Theatre last night to see The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and walking on Main Street downtown to and from the theatre. I was so happy that I enjoyed the play. Actors' have had some good ones lately including the last one I saw which was Sense and Sensibility.


I also found a pair of earrings at a local store for only $6.99 and then I had a 20% off coupon:



And here are some good eats from the weekend:

Hummus from The 30 day Vegan Challenge


Daiya "Cheese" quesidilla with Screamin' Mimi's local sweet hot salsa. This was so good. I was also impressed with the taste of Daiya. It melted like cheese but is dairy free.



Oatmeal (made with steel cut oats, wheat bran, oatbran, flax, dried raisins, dried apricots, and dried banana chips) topped with flaxseed almond butter and 1/2 of Whole Foods Vegan Scone


Steamed veggies with brown rice and tofu topped with sweet chili sauce and soy sauce



The most random meal ever: steamed red chard, roasted sweet potato, apple with almond butter and a medjool date. Medjool dates are so much better than just regular dates in my opinion.



And finally:

No comments:

Post a Comment