Sunday, August 1, 2010

Panzanella

I love bread. There is no question. So you can imagine my delight when a couple of years ago I came across a dish known as Panzanella or tomato and bread salad. I was quite intrigued and once I read the ingredients I was completely sold. It is a favorite of mine and the fresh ingredients just scream summer. Plus it requires no stove or oven, which if you live in a very humid area like myself, can be a lifesaver when its 90+ degrees outside. Oh and its super quick to make working perfect for a quick weeknight meal.

I got my ingredients at the Farmers' Market and pulled out my new favorite cookbook:



Panzanella

My modifications included:

- I followed the cookbook recipe and included some minced garlic into the dressing. For some reason garlic is not listed in the recipe posted online.
-I used balsamic vinegar instead of red wine vinegar for two reasons: 1) I was out of red wine vinegar and 2) I really like balsamic vinegar
-I added ~1/2 lb. smoked mozzarella cheese to the mixture and salt and pepper




I am already looking forward to my leftovers.

1 comment: