Friday, August 6, 2010

Birthday Baking

Two of my friends have birthdays today so I spent the afternoon baking away and had entirely too much fun doing so (all while listening to the Coyote Ugly Soundtrack).

I made the same Coconut Cupcakes I made last week. This recipe was requested by the birthday girl so I happily obliged.

In keeping with the coconut theme I made Oatmeal Coconut Raspberry Bars as well.



Lastly I made brownies. Not just any brownies, Katharine Hepburn's Brownies to be exact. This recipe is supposedly from her family.



I must say that birthday baking was a hit. Being the cook I tasted a little of each of them. You know just to make sure everything was edible :)

The verdict:

1) The coconut cupcakes were just as delicious as I remember from last week. I cannot say enough how easy they are to make.

2) Being an oatmeal-a-holic I loved the oatmeal raspberry coconut bars. They are buttery and fruity all at the same time. I think the toasted coconut really makes a difference.

3) Aw, the brownies. Let me just say I have never tasted a brownie quite like this before. I felt like I went to chocolate heaven with just one bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment