Saturday, July 31, 2010

Simple Swiss Chard

Even before I started cooking dinner tonight I knew that the swiss chard I got earlier in the day had to be involved. At first I was thinking of making a recipe with it out of my Gourmet cookbook but when it came time for dinner I ended up just wanting something simple. So I just prepped the essentials and it was ready in less than 10 minutes.

Simple Swiss Chard
1 lb. fresh swiss chard, washed
1 small onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
salt and pepper to taste

Remove stems from swiss chard and chop up leaves. Heat extra virgin olive oil in medium-large saucepan over medium-high hear. Add onions and garlic to pan and let sit for 2 minutes. Add swiss chard leaves and cook until chard begins to wilt 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment