Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sweet Chili Glazed Tofu

One day I noticed some sweet chili sauce hanging out in my parents refrigerator. Considering it had been there for a while and my mom didn't care, I brought it back with me to Lexington and turned it into something fabulous. For those who have never tried tofu this may just be all you need to fall in love with this vegetarian staple.


Sweet Chili Glazed Tofu

1/3 cup sweet chili sauce

1/4 t. cayenne pepper

1 T. extra virgin olive oil

1 pkg. (usually 14 oz.) extra firm tofu, pressed and drained


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine the first three ingredients in a squre bowl/plate.

Place aluminum foil on a 13 x 9 pan and drizzle with some oil

Slice tofu into 5 thick pieces

Place in sauce mixture, then place on prepared pan. Spoon leftover sauce over each piece.

Bake for about 15-20 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment