Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kabocha Squash

Squash is one of my favorite things to make for a number of reasons including: 1) it is usually inexpensive, 2) it contains many nutrients while being delicious, and 3) cooking it in the oven warms up my apartment. When it comes to buying squash though I typically stick with butternut or acorn. Well, when I was at Whole Foods in Louisville I saw a sign for "kabocha squash". I figured it was time to live on the edge and go beyond my narrow scoped squash repertoire. Plus the sign advertised its taste as a combination between a pumpkin and a sweet potato...after reading that I was definitely sold.


Simple Kabocha Squash

1 Kabocha Squash, washed, seeds removed, and cut into chunks

extra virgin olive oil

kosher salt

black pepper

cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place aluminum foil on 13 X 9 pan and smear with oil.

Take squash chunks and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cinnamon then mix well. Spread onto prepared pan. Bake until a fork tender


No comments:

Post a Comment